Deputy EMEA SOC Manager
Silverseal UK – Deputy EMEA SOC Manager
Mon – Fri Night Shifts Only – UK, Central London
No Deadline stated – Required ASAP
Purpose of Role
The Deputy EMEA SOC Manager is responsible for addressing the out of hour’s operational requirements of the EMEA Security Operations Centre. As the deputy for the EMEA SOC Manager you will be responsible for assisting with the direct line management for all SOC Operators, Intelligence Threat Management (ITM) Analysts and Badge Admin staff, ensuring that the whole department is resourced fully and that all staff under their direct report are trained and appraised to an exemplary standard, with sufficient redundancy of process and operational resilience.
The Deputy EMEA SOC Manager will work closely with the high profile Client Territory Managers, the EMEA SOC Manager and the EMEA Operations Manager in developing and advising upon local and remote monitoring processes for both SOCs under their supervision and will act as the key point of contact for all out of hours operational issues in the SOC and EMEA Badge Admin.
The Deputy EMEA SOC Manager will report to the EMEA SOC Manager and in doing so will maintain a close collaborative partnership with the London Security Manager. They will also maintain a close working relationship with Client Territory Managers, Facilities Managers, Local Service Providers and SOC teams in the US and APAC.
This individual will proactively identify potential weaknesses in the operational security program and will work in conjunction with the key stakeholders to remediate the weaknesses appropriately.
This individual will be directly engaged in ensuring SOC KPIs and service level agreements are met, and that supporting data is made available to the client on a monthly basis. As a key point of contact for EMEA/London SOC capability, the Deputy SOC Manager will continuously drive standards and improve operational capability across all areas under their remit.
- Manage all operational out of hour’s requirements for the EMEA SOC and American Territory’s, ensuring it remains operationally capable through effective recruitment, development of processes, delivery of KPIs and SLAs, training, recruitment, and performance management.
- Taking ownership of the development, and performance management of all staff under direct supervision.
- Conducting regular exercises and the delivery of training at the direction of the EMEA SOC Manager.
- Ensuring that absence procedures are followed with timely completion of return-to-work interviews, in addition to investigations for breaches of procedure.
- Assisting with the Development of SOPs and workflows to address emerging operational challenges.
- Ensuring all compliance and QA/QC benchmarks are met, including CCTV licensing, GDPR compliance and CCTV Codes of Practice.
- Maintaining full operational understanding and delivery of the ISO9001 Quality Management Systems lifecycle and providing demonstrable evidence of the PDCA process.
- Ensuring all incidents out of hours are managed effectively and that the SOC team are fully apprised of their responsibilities during fire evacuations and investigations.
- Developing and maintaining all SOC training matrixes, graded assessment sheets and appraisal forms.
- Creating and maintaining SOC SOP documents, aide memoirs and process workflows
- Conducting internal investigations and disciplinary/grievance hearings as directed by Senior Management.
- Assisting with the collation of Daily, Weekly and Monthly data for the Senior Management team and Client contacts with regards to KPIs, critical door tests, training records and audits.
- Ensuring any CCTV investigations are managed appropriately and in compliance with GDPR and Client processes.
- Maintaining an effective collaborative relationship with external agencies including Police, Greater London Authority, and the Fire Service.
- Responding to ad hoc telephone calls and emails during out of hours periods.
As part of the management team, developing and engaging in strategies to develop and expand the company. Regular ad hoc management responsibilities include investigations, disciplinary hearings and grievances, events support and management annual leave cover. Becoming actively involved in Silverseal professional development and succession planning.
NB: The above list of duties is not exhaustive. Additional duties will include any other task as directed by senior management, in line with needs of the business.
Requirements and Qualifications – Essential:
- Proven experience as security manager or similar position
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Experience with creating and delivering training plans and associated materials
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Solid understanding statistical data analysis
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and demonstrable skills in the use of PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, Project, Word and MS Windows (to be practically assessed during selection process)
- Experience in C-Cure and Genetec or similar applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Able to prepare clear and concise reports and with an attention to detail
- SIA CCTV licence and a further licence in one of the following disciplines: Security Guarding, Door Supervision or Close Protection
- Ability to manage complex and multi-tiered workload, prioritising effectively
- Ability to present to clients and senior management of all levels
- Sound knowledge and operational experience of open and closed source intelligence and threat monitoring
Requirements and Qualifications – Desirable:
- HSE qualification IOSH or higher
- Previous experience with remote managing a team
- Previous investigations experience
- Previous SOC management experience
- Educated to Degree level or with industry-relevant Level 5 qualification or higher
- Member of professional industry body such as Security Institute (SyI), Worshipful Company of Security Professionals or similar.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Referral programme
- Wellness programmes
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Security Manager or similar: 1 year (preferred)
- SIA CCTV Licence (preferred)
- SIA Security Guarding Licence (preferred)
- SIA Door Supervision or Close Protection Licence (preferred)
- Night shift (required)