Global Security Operations Center "GSOC" Manager
Manhattan, New York USA
|Level: Management||Salary Range: $33.65 Hourly|
Manhattan, New York
|Travel Percentage: None|
|Position Type: Full Time||Job Shift: Day|
|Education Level: 2 Year Degree||Job Category: Management|
|Level||Management||Salary Range||$33.65 Hourly|
|Job Location||Manhattan, New York||Travel Percentage||None|
|Position Type||Full Time||Job Shift||Day|
|Education Level||2 Year Degree||Job Category||Management|
GSOC Manager – Silverseal is now offering a $200 Sign-on Bonus
The responsibilities of the SOC Operator/ Manager are among some of the most important within our purview and critical in support of emergency responses. They must be organized, adept at multi-tasking, level-headed, and trustworthy. SOC Operators/ Managers may be exposed to sensitive information and as such, must be discreet and professional with regards to confidentiality.
As the role involves incident reporting and escalation, a SOC Operator/ Manager must possess exceptional spoken and written communication ability. SOC Operators are tasked with communications, monitoring, reporting and operation of multiple systems including Access Control System, CCTV, Mutualink and radio dispatchers etc. SOC Managers will provide Leadership, Support and Supervision to personnel and enforce Security policies and procedures driven by the Bloomberg security Operations team.
Perform day-to-day operations defined by Bloomberg Security Operations in concert with Security Vendor for SOC or other locations such as monitoring all corporate facilities, offices, nodes or other sites. Supports Security Operations and assists in analysis of data, logistics support, report preparation and tracking. Coordinate activities such as emergency response, 911 calls, tracking of travellers, evacuation, alarm response; implementation of contingency plans when required, event monitoring.
SOC Manager Responsibilities
- Daily Management and Supervision of SOC Operators and Local Monitoring Centers.
- Identify improvements within processes, procedures, policies, staffing, training, and tools to improve efforts and daily operations.
- Monitor, evaluate, and assist with the maintenance of assigned security systems in the SOC and regional locations.
- Assist in developing and maturing the future services and capabilities of the SOC.
- Coordination and assistance with the direction of assigned personnel to enforce daily operations and maintain required staffing levels.
- Assisting the BLP Territory/ Regional Managers in providing threat assessment and risk analysis.
- Carry out Triage on Security events, raise incidents and support the Incident Management process.
- Monitor all systems for functionality and status and conducts basic troubleshooting and assessment prior to escalating problems to the systems technical staff.
- Work in conjunction with systems technicians and system administrator(s) to test and troubleshoot alarm, video and access control devices and infrastructure to ensure systems integrity.
- Provide support for various security operations, intelligence/analytics, crisis response and business resilience areas.
- Assist in the development of new security operations policies as well as the refinement or improvement of existing policies.
- Create and maintain operational reports for Key Performance Indicators and weekly and Monthly Metrics.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of a weekly brief that captures all metrics and trends.
- Report common and repeat problems (trend analysis) to management and propose process and technical improvements.
- Liaison with cross regional SOC Managers for global consistency and improvement of operations.
- Perform scheduled/ un-scheduled of audits on SOC personnel, operations, systems etc. on a weekly basis.
- Serve as first point of contact on emergencies, dispatching and coordinating appropriate internal and external teams;
- Collect and organize alert, event and triage data to produce reports to illustrate workload performance and the quality of existing policies/processes.
- Provide guidance and clarification regarding organizational security policies and protocols, helping evangelize security awareness throughout all internal/ external interactions.
- Provides the training, time, guidance, direction, and administrative action to ensure that team responsibilities are completed at the best quality level possible.
- Must be vaccinated for Covid-19
- 3-5 years prior experience as SOC Supervisor/Manager in a major company environment.
- Experience with common incident response tools and technologies, access control and video systems etc.
- Strong time/relationship management skills with the ability to operate under deadlines and manage fluctuating workloads.
- Candidate should possess the following soft skills: written and verbal communications, adaptability to change, professionalism, creativity, and drive.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple complex tasks.
- An ability to work weekends, holidays, or alternate non-traditional schedules and shifts.
- Knowledgeable about security issues, vulnerabilities, regulatory and legal changes, and security standards.
- Bi-lingual capabilities (English, Spanish)
We offer all employees a robust benefits program that exceeds the standard security industry, including:
- $200 Sign-on Bonus
- $200 Employee Referral Program
· Competitive wage rates
· Training and Professional Development
· Opportunity of Advancement
· Prestigious assignments
· Weekly paychecks
· Alternate work schedules
· Security Officer Newsletter showcasing employee success stories, security tips, and updates.
· Our assignments also offer:
· Paid Medical Insurance
· Dental Insurance Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Holidays
· Annual Pay Increases
· Longevity Bonuses
- Pay: $33.65 per hour (non-exempt)
- Work Schedule: Monday – Friday during normal business hours. Must be flexible to work nights, weekends and holidays, if required based on Client and operational needs