Global Security Operations Center "GSOC" Manager
Manhattan, New York USA
|Level: Management||Salary Range: $33.65 Hourly|
Manhattan, New York
|Travel Percentage: None|
|Position Type: Full Time||Job Shift: Day|
|Education Level: 2 Year Degree||Job Category: Management|
|Level||Management||Salary Range||$33.65 Hourly|
|Job Location||Manhattan, New York||Travel Percentage||None|
|Position Type||Full Time||Job Shift||Day|
|Education Level||2 Year Degree||Job Category||Management|
The Global Security Operations Center “GSOC” Manager is responsible for the daily oversight of all operations, training and staff performance they relate to the GSOC operation. As the direct line manager for all GSOC Operators and the Access Control ID Badge operation, the GSOC Manager ensures that the entire department is fully staffed 24/7/365 and that all staff is properly trained and meet the expected, exemplary standard set forth by Silverseal and their client. The GSOC Manager will also ensure that operation has the necessary redundancies of process, with operational resilience.
The GSOC Manager will report directly to the Site Director and will work closely with the Site Director, Assistant Director and the Client’s Representatives in developing process and procedure for both on-site and remote monitoring processes. The GSOC Manager will be the key point of contact for all daily operational issues within the GSOC and the Access Badge Administration office. These operational duties include, but are not limited to, addressing all concerns as they pertain to critical alarm activations (locally and remotely), obtaining and reviewing open and closed source intelligence, monitoring known threats and the remote monitoring of emergency responses, as dictated through policy and procedure and in accordance with the incident management notification and escalation protocols.
The GSOC Manager is also responsible for maintaining close business partnership with Client Security, Facility and local service providers’ Management Teams. The GSOC Manager will have complete oversight of all GSOC teams in both, the US and LATAM. This individual will proactively identify potential weaknesses in the operational security program and will work in conjunction with the key stakeholders to remediate the weaknesses appropriately. This individual will be directly engaged in ensuring GSOC service level agreements are met and that supporting data is made available to the client on a Monthly basis and as needed, without delay. As the key point of contact for GSOC performance, the GSOC Manager will continuously drive standards and improve operational capability across all areas under their remit.
Additional Roles & Responsibilities:
• Regular ad hoc management responsibilities include investigations, participating in disciplinary hearings and employee grievances.
• Provide support for special events.
• Becoming actively involved in Silverseal professional development and succession planning.
• Manage all operational requirements for the GSOC, ensuring it remains operationally capable through effective recruitment, development of processes, delivery of KPIs and SLAs, training, recruitment, and performance management.
• Taking full ownership of the training, development, and performance management of all staff under direct supervision.
• Assist Client and Employer with investigations as they pertain to breaches and violation of procedures.
• Developing SOPs and workflows to address emerging operational challenges.
• Ensuring all compliance and QA/QC benchmarks are met.
• Ensuring all incidents are managed effectively and that the GSOC team are fully apprised of their responsibilities during emergency responses and investigations.
• Developing and maintaining all GSOC training matrices, employee assessment and appraisal forms.
• Creating and maintaining GSOC SOP documents,
• Providing Daily, Weekly and Monthly data to the Senior Management team and Client contacts with regards to KPIs, critical door tests, training records and audits.
• Ensuring any CCTV investigations are managed appropriately and in compliance with Silverseal and Client processes.
• Maintaining an effective collaborative relationship with external agencies including Police, and the Fire Service. Available to respond to off-hours, emergency notifications.
Requirements and qualifications – Essential:
- Must be fully Vaccinated for Covid-19
- Proven experience of 5 years as a security manager or similar roles.
- Previous experience in managing a 24-hour Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning.
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and demonstrable skills in the use of PowerPoint, Excel, Word and MS Windows (to be practically assessed during selection process).
- Experience in C-Cure, Genetec or similar access control applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Able to prepare clear and concise reports, with an attention to detail.
- Ability to manage complex and multi-tiered workload, prioritizing effectively and excellent time management skills.
- Ability and experience in briefing and presenting to C-Suite leadership,
- Sound knowledge and operational experience of open and closed source intelligence and threat monitoring.
Requirements and qualifications – Desirable:
- Skilled in use of Bloomberg Terminal and SDSK system.
- Preferred Bi-lingual Spanish.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 or more years of similar experience within military or law enforcement.
We offer all employees a robust benefits program that exceeds the standard security industry, including:
- $200/ $100 Sign-on Bonus
- $200 Employee Referral Program