ec1a London UK
|Level: Experienced||Salary Range: £34,000 Yearly|
|Travel Percentage: None|
|Position Type: Full Time||Job Shift: Day|
|Education Level: Bachelors (Preferred)||Job Category: Human Resources|
Overview of role
This all-encompassing role requires a motivated self-starter, who enjoys planning and developing systems with an organised and structured approach. The ideal candidate pays close attention to detail and has an interest in the support and personal development of the organisation’s people.
As the main point of contact for employees’ queries on all HR-related topics, you will be proactive, with an ability to work from both experience and initiative.
Your role as an HR Generalist will be far from one-dimensional. You will undertake a wide range of HR tasks, like supporting the recruitment of and welcoming our new colleagues, organising training, administering employee benefits and contracts and crafting HR policies. You will be proficient in the use of Human Resources Information Systems and able to ensure all employee records are up to date and confidential.
In this valued role, your goal is to ensure HR operations run smoothly, professionally, and effectively, delivering maximum value to the organisation.
As HR Generalist you will be advantaged with constant access to Peninsula, providing you unlimited leading HR and employment law support services and advice. In your role, you will work closely supported by the UK based Business Manager and Operations Manager as well as a US based HR Manager.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Deals with complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinary matters, grievances, absence, retirement, and redundancy.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Assists with the development of HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes.
- Is able to make informed suggestions and updates to policies and procedures, implementing them to improve efficiency of workflows.
- Maintains employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data in necessary documents and platforms.
- Supports review and examination of security officer license databases to maintain up to date employee details.
- Ensures compliance with UK employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Attends and participates in job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Builds on a good working relationship with a recognised trade union, and to attend JNC meetings to hold role role of Secretary at these meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process through onboarding
Recruitment & Onboarding includes but is not limited to:
- Identify and implement efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organisation.
- Job posting and advertisement processes.
- Screen applications and support management with the selection of qualified candidates.
- Schedule interviews; oversee preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Conducts pre-employment screening and vetting checks.
- Conducts new hire orientation.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending start dates, and other pertinent details
Skills & Other Requirements
- Educated to degree level.
- Ideally hold qualifications related to human resources. Desirable CIPD level 7.
- Previous experience in a Human Resources Generalist role, or very similar position, able to demonstrate complete understanding of the position. At least three years in a HR role is highly preferred.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles, applying familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Understands the legalities of business law in relation to HR, employee employment rights, company policy documentation, staff welfare, and ability to apply this in day-to-day work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a pre-requisite for a HR Generalist as you will be dealing with employees on every level, with good negotiation tactics.
- Able to analyse and present information in such a way that is understood by everyone within the organisation of all levels.
- Extremely well organised and methodical in your approach to problem solving and able to manage filing/database systems.
- Has a good understanding and working knowledge of General Data Protection Regulations and the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Is familiar with HR related software, and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
Reports to: Silverseal Business Manager (UK) /HR Manager (US)
NB: The above list of duties is not exhaustive. Additional duties will include any other task as directed by senior management, in line with needs of the business.
- Company Events
- Company Pension
- Sick Pay
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)