Human Resources Assistant
Manhattan, New York USA
|Level: Experienced||Salary Range: $25.00 Hourly|
Manhattan, New York
|Travel Percentage: None|
|Position Type: Full Time||Job Shift: Day|
|Education Level: 4 Year Degree||Job Category: Human Resources|
|Level||Experienced||Salary Range||$25.00 Hourly|
|Job Location||Manhattan, New York||Travel Percentage||None|
|Position Type||Full Time||Job Shift||Day|
|Education Level||4 Year Degree||Job Category||Human Resources|
The Human Resource Assistant will research, develop, and implement effective high volume recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization.
• Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process through onboarding.
• Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
• Assists with job posting and advertisement processes.
• Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
• Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
• Conducts new hire orientation.
• Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending start dates, and other pertinent details.
• Maintains employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data in Paycom and Winteam.
• Review and examine various state security officer license databases and update and maintains Winteam.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
• Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
• Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Agency recruitment experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
• Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
• Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
• Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
• At least 2 years experience recruiting security officers.
• Three years’ experience dealing with high volume recruitment preferred.
• At least three years in human resource roles is highly preferred.