Security Officer (Relief)
Hours: UP TO 48 per week (Weekdays, Nights, Weekend and Bank Holidays)
Purpose of Role
Silverseal are looking for dynamic, proactive and personable individuals who will provide Dynamic and professional security for our clients, you will be based in Central London at an award winning innovative property. The ideal candidate will be professional, have great customer service skills, an eye for detail and the ability to make decisions. The successful candidate will be the face of Silverseal and will act at all times as ambassadors for Silverseal. Additional benefits included as part of the package of employment.
- Provide a visible security presence; monitor, identify and promptly report any threats to security.
- Respond to emergencies by following established protocols and responding to any instructions given by the incident controller.
- Complete daily security checks at the beginning and end of the day and report any concerns to line managers or the incident controller.
- Be vigilant for any suspicious behaviour or packages and report any concerns to line managers or the incident controller.
- Ensure that the property and surrounding areas are maintained to the highest of standards throughout the day, Report cleaning/presentation problems to the relevant department.
- Provide operational support for key events, projects and programmes.
- To be the first point of reference for visitors and employees to the building.
- To greet visitors and employees positively, be engaging with everyone whilst consistently delivering the highest standards of customer service.
- Complete internal and external patrols, specifically reporting all faults and findings promptly.
- Operational excellence and be able to demonstrate that you are reliable, responsible and trustworthy.
- Provide security escorts to all areas of the building as and when required.
NB: The above list of duties is not exhaustive. Additional duties may include other task as directed by Silverseal management.
Requirements and qualifications
- Be in possession of a current SIA Door Supervisor Licence.
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to remain calm and confident in emergency situations.
- Have exceptional customer engagement, immaculate deportment and be dynamic.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to remain alert and focused at all times.
- Excellent levels of customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Be flexible and have a co-operative approach to teamwork.
- Ability to work with the public in a front line, customer focused environment and enjoy providing the highest levels of visitor care.
- Be reliable and flexible in your approach to work, be able to use initiative, work in a sensitive environment; remain assertive but polite & professional.
- Ability to work day/night shift patterns including weekends and bank holidays.
- Health and Safety training
- First aid qualification
- Manual Handling training
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £13.25 per hour
- Company events
- Wellness programmes
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- security: 1 year (preferred)
- SIA License (preferred)