Senior Operations Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Silverseal for a Senior Operations Manager to join the leadership team with one of our clients in the City of London reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. The successful candidate will ideally be educated to degree level (Security or Business related) and will be able to demonstrate previous experience and success in managing the full operational functions of a similar level of contract. Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge and experience gained within a Continuous Improvement environment, together with a good understanding of and demonstrable budgetary control and management within Security services sector.
It is expected that the Senior Operations Director will be a “change” agent with the personality and drive to continue leading the contract through change-management, drive cultural initiatives and have demonstrable ability to support, advise, coach, and provide clear objectives and communication to direct reports and colleagues within the wider business. They will also play a key role in executing the overall business strategic objectives, ensuring an effective operational tactical plan is in place, implemented and which must be results focused.
With a track record of working comfortably at the COO/CEO level the successful candidate will join us as a key member of our leadership team at a crucial time in our development. We are looking for someone who is thorough yet adaptable, committed to high standards and is an active team player, commercially astute and able to communicate at all levels, but most importantly someone who shares our values and vision.
Main responsibilities of the role:
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Operations Manager has full responsibility for the direct management for all of the operational, administrative, and human resource functions for the client contracted personnel within the EMEA region, inclusive of Silverseal Integrated Systems who are supporting the contract technically, you will be operating in accordance with both Silverseal and Client policy, operating from their European headquarters in the City of London.
The Senior Operations Manager will organise, oversee, and manage the daily operations of the whole contract. Your direct reports are the EMEA (LSP) Operations Manager, the London Operations Manager, the SOC Manager and the SIS Operation Manger. Ensuring that all operations are well-coordinated and are run effectively and efficiently through robust management. You will be expected to reach and often exceed the expectations both of Silverseal and of the client, performance will be KPI measured monthly.
The area of responsibility for this role is wide ranging and thus requires thorough knowledge of various security and systems processes.
The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan many kinds of operational activities. He or she must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the contract, must be familiar operating in a QMS (ISO 9001) environment, and will have extensive knowledge of the ACAS code of conduct being able to oversee all HR issues whilst being fully supported by our HR Manager.
· Operations: Primary point of contact and conduit to the key client manager and all of the client Territory Managers (TMs) based in the UK and across EMEA.
· Responsible for the direct management of all London, and EMEA guarding and systems integration operations in support of the client and LSP contracts.
· Monitoring Quality measurement and performance indicators (KPI) to ensure that standards are constantly maintained and continually improved.
· The conduct of a detailed contract KPI briefing to the client (UK/US attendance).
· Responsible for all HR, welfare and wellbeing matters for all staff inclusive of Local Service Providers.
· Monitor and quality check the day-to-day running of operations to ensure smooth progress and continual improvement.
· Champion our close client relationship through well thought out dialogue.
· Conduct monthly Out of Hours site visits (London – at least one).
· Carry out routine in hours site visits and site security audits at all sites (EMEA).
· Conduct Management checks sufficient to support effective operations.
· Drive continual improvement through the Quality Management System approach.
· Supervise staff from different departments and provide them with constructive feedback to drive improvements.
· Conduct quarterly staff surveys in collaboration with the business manager – effect changes from results as required.
· Regularly evaluate the efficiency of operational procedures according to organisational objectives and apply improvements.
· Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation.
· Oversee customer support processes and organise them to enhance customer satisfaction.
· Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability.
· Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation.
· Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors.
· Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analysing, and interpreting data and metrics.
· Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations.
o Work in collaboration with the SVP Administration to implement and enforce Silverseal policy across all contract EMEA operations.
o Report on the weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance for the contract.
o Mentor and train the contract management team to achieve goals.
o Identify problems with staff performance and address them.
o Diagnose problems with the running of the contract formulating effective solutions.
o Manage an annual contract budget in coordinating with the SVP Administration and VP Finance.
o Present the monthly invoice to the client for approval.
o Control costs to maximize revenue.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Security related qualification to at least level 5.
- 10-15 years Proven experience as a Security key Account Manager or Senior Security Operations Manager.
- Experience of working with or sound knowledge of operating within a UK union.
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities.
- Outstanding communication and people skills.
- Knowledge of the security industry’s standards, UK employment law, ACAS, and Union matters.
- Worked within a QMS environment.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software (e.g., Salesforce, Paycom, Winteam).
- Audit (ISO 9001) and HSE qualifications are preferred.
In return, we offer:
· Competitive salary
· Work in an energetic, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with a global organisation
· Workplace pension
· 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
For more details, please contact Hajira Faheem UK HR Manager
Closing date: 14th October 2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £80,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Wellness programmes