Security Training Coordinator NYC
Manhattan, New York, USA
|Level: Experienced||Salary Range: $25.00 – $25.00/hour|
Manhattan, NY – New York City, NY
|Travel Percentage: Up to 50%|
|Position Type: Full Time||Job Shift: Day|
|Education Level: 4 Year Degree||Job Category: Training|
Established in 1988, Silverseal is a comprehensive global security solutions firm based in New York City. We maintain expertise in security consulting services, risk analysis and threat assessments, specialized private investigations, due diligence, security guarding, security management, corporate protection, special event security, executive protection, and training program development & management throughout the United States and abroad. Silverseal’s technology division, Silverseal Integrated Systems (SIS), is the provider of comprehensive electronic security and monitoring service solutions. Silverseal provides systems design, installation, and maintenance to support our global client base.
We are seeking a high performing Training Coordinator to support our program of continued education and training within General Security Operations. Our Training Coordinator should be a highly motivated individual whose primary responsibilities are to assist in the design, developing and maintaining training topics and curriculums. The Training Coordinator will also deliver on-site/field training, conduct instructional sessions for web-based training and also track and quantify employee completion rate and employee scoring for each portion of training. The Training Coordinator is to be self-motivated, have the ability to manage their time effectively, while working independently as well as through collaborative tasks and programs
The ideal applicant will have experience in operational training of frontline Security Professionals, and they must also understands & convey superior customer service at all times.
The ideal candidate will provide expertise in the development, delivery and maintenance of a General Security Curriculum. This includes working with client programs, management, technical staff in the design, conversion, development and delivery of training and certification projects, and curriculum.
Serve as lead for training courses, administer training courses, prepare and maintain a professional classroom/instructional environment, perform administrative support to Director of the Americas, manage class scheduling, and perform curriculum maintenance to ensure material is up to date based on company, client and governing agencies’ requirements.
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of General Security knowledge, skills, and policy.
• Perform routine day-to-day course maintenance services to include Training Coordinator led, eLearning course and products associated with General Security courses
• Lead courses in accordance with the course schedule.
• Provide classroom support and preparation.
• Review training material/deliverables and provide recommendations on the accuracy of and relevancy of content of Training Coordinator-led eLearning, webinars and performance support tools (i.e., storyboards, Training Coordinator guides, participant guides, design plans, and other related material).
• Perform annual review of assigned courses.
• Review Government material and polices to sustain accurate and relevant General Security course materials.
• Conduct special projects on an as-needed basis under the direction of the Director of the Americas.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in General Security in a supervisory or training role
• Must be highly proficient and fully functional in Microsoft Word Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must have U.S. Citizenship or be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
• Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
• Must be highly organized and able to keep on track with required information, available at all times.
• This position requires excellent attendance and punctuality. Incumbents must commit to being on time, must be able to work in a very independent environment, and ensure all responsibilities are completed on time. Must be flexible to work nights, weekends and holidays in order to achieve training goals or assist the Director of Americas as needed.
• Ability to write, review and respond to written requests for proposals, training documents, and prepare extensive presentations is required.
• Professional, articulate, and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence.
• Must customarily and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in the normal course of day-to-day activities to schedule appointments in order to carry out responsibilities.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, 5 years of experience in conducting Security, Law Enforcement or Military training
Job Type: Full-time• Pay: $25.00 per hour (non-exempt)
• Schedule: Monday – Friday 8am-5pm, but is subject to change on short notice to achieve designated goals or to provide support as directed
• 50% travel Required within the NY Tristate area and 0-15% travel outside of the NY Tristate area