Global Security Control Room Operator – Dispatcher
Manhattan, New York USA
|Level: Experienced||Salary Range: $18.00 – $22.00 Hourly|
Manhattan, New York
|Travel Percentage: None|
|Position Type: Full Time||Job Shift: Any|
|Education Level: 2 Year Degree||Job Category: QA – Quality Control|
|Level||Experienced||Salary Range||$18.00 – $22.00 Hourly|
|Job Location||Manhattan, New York||Travel Percentage||None|
|Position Type||Full Time||Job Shift||Any|
|Education Level||2 Year Degree||Job Category||QA – Quality Control|
SOC Operator – Silverseal is now offering a $200 Sign-on Bonus
The responsibilities of the SOC Operator are among some of the most important within our purview and critical in support of emergency responses. They must be organized, adept at multi-tasking, level-headed, and trustworthy. SOC Operators may be exposed to sensitive information and as such, must be discreet and professional with regards to confidentiality.
As the role involves incident reporting and escalation, a SOC Operator must possess exceptional spoken and written communication ability. SOC Operators are tasked with communications, monitoring, reporting and operation of multiple systems including Access Control System, CCTV, Mutualink and radio dispatchers etc.
Perform day-to-day operations defined by Bloomberg Security Operations in concert with Security Vendor for SOC or other locations such as monitoring all corporate facilities, offices, nodes or other sites. Supports Security Operations and assists in analysis of data, logistics support, report preparation and tracking. Coordinate activities such as emergency response, 911 calls, tracking of travellers, evacuation, alarm response; implementation of contingency plans when required, event monitoring.
SOC Operator Responsibilities
- Monitor national events, weather, news and traffic and communicate to appropriate and affected parties.
- Take and respond to telephone calls and 911 alerts;
- Evaluate situations using independent thought to establish a level of urgency and a prioritization of all issues and situations;
- Write accurate and concise reports and notifications of events and situations, using all tools available to analyze situations and reach conclusions.
- Dispatch and coordinate the responses of public safety agencies as required.
- Performs duties in accordance with SOP and Bloomberg, L.P. Policies and Procedures;
- Reviews and updates entries in daily Duty Log;
- Conduct change of shift Shift/Duty reports. File reports by end of designated shift;
- Maintain familiarity/proficiency with all plans, SOPs and notification procedures, updating Supervisors;
- Verify reported information by conducting call backs, as appropriate, or send security personnel to verify report;
- Maintain vigilance and constant alert to emergency or dangerous conditions, e.g., smoke, fire, water leak, unlocked/open/blocked fire exit door(s), inoperable elevator(s), electrical hazards, property damage and security breaches to include unauthorized or suspicious persons or other conditions impacting on the integrity of the facility or remote office. Take appropriate action including notifying Supervisor, Territory Manager or Incident Management Team and others as appropriate and report event/incident;
- Maintain communications with Backup Security Operations Center, Local Monitoring Centers and EMEA/ APAC Security Operations Center as appropriate;
- Maintain knowledge of Post Orders, Policies, and Protocols through frequent review.
- Perform day-to-day operations on BLP Terminal, SDSK ticketing system, email boxes, messenger chats etc.
- Provide system, operational and business reports as requested.
- Liaison with Facilities, Property Manager, Vendors, Contractors etc. on a daily basis.
- Receive and respond to a variety of emergency and non-emergency services and complaints.
Technical & Systems:
- Actively monitor advanced and technical security systems on a regional or global level;
- Daily shift equipment/ software check, monitoring and operation of video monitoring, access control, radio console, pc equipment, video wall, Mutual Link etc. systems in the SOC.
- Monitoring of live and recorded CCTV footage via Victor Unified Client, Genetec, C-Cure 9000 and PSIM.
- Active alarm and CCTV monitoring, response and escalation.
- Access control system alarm monitoring via C-Cure 9000 and PSIM.
- Printing badges, adding access clearances and escalating requests as per access approval process.
- Monitor intercom and fire panel annunciator for alerts and escalation.
- Perform scheduled system functional and alarm testing.
- Escalation of equipment failures to systems administrators and technical security engineering teams, ensuring timely resolution of issues.
- Conducting video system and access control investigations for the purpose of crime prevention and threat mitigation.
- Monitoring of TV, Social Media and Intelligence etc. feeds for consolidation and distribution.
- Assist with tracking/ check-ins of Bloomberg travelers globally utilizing Travel tracker software.
- Must be vaccinated for Covid-19
- 1-3 years prior experience working in a SOC environment.
- 1-3 years hands on experience with Windows 7, MS Word, Excel, Email, typing etc.
- 1-3 years hands on experience with the CCURE 9000 Access Control and Genetec Video software.
- Minimum of high School diploma however Associates degree preferred or 5 years prior law enforcement background.
- Active Security Guard license for the state/ city.
- Excellent verbal, customer service and telephone communication skills.